The Continuing Education (CE) Program is voluntary and open to all members holding the CCP designation. To be CE qualified, the applicant must earn 100 points during a 3-year period.
Points can be earned from the following activities:
- Passing an AICPCU, IIA, LOMA or AHIP exam (40 points per class)
- Teaching an AICPU, IIA, LOMA or AHIP exam (points per class to be determined by the sponsoring organization’s CE program or by AICP Education Committee).
- Attending AICP National Conference (20 points per year)
- Presenting a workshop at the AICP National Conference (20 points per workshop per year)
- Attending Continuing Education Seminar conducted by recognized organization that awards CE points (points per seminar to be determined by the sponsoring organization’s CE program)
- Assume National AICP Leadership Role [Board or National Committee Chair or Co-Chair] per term (20 points per year)
- Active AICP Committee or Regional Chapter Committee participation in a non-leadership role (5 points per year)
- Active AICP Committee or Regional Chapter Committee participation in a leadership role (10 points per year)
- Holding AICP Regional Chapter Office – per term (15 points per year)
- Attending Regional AICP Chapter Meeting (5 points per meeting)
- Attending Regional AICP Chapter Education Day (5 points per meeting)
- Having an article published in AICP Journal or other national trade publication (5 points per article)
- Writing a White Paper for AICP publication (25 points per paper)
- Special Projects – Requires advance consultation with the Education Committee to determine project scope, allowed points and timeframe for completion.
When the CCP designee has earned 100 points within a 3 year period of achieving their CCP designation, a CE application should be completed and sent to AICP National Headquarters. This information will be forwarded to the Education Committee for review to verify the application for compliance with CE requirements.
For applicants meeting the CE requirements, a certificate of completion will be awarded at Annual Conference. A letter of congratulations will be sent to the applicant by AICP National Headquarters.
Download a .pdf copy of the Continuing Education Application
Download a MS Word copy of the Continuing Education Application