In an effort to encourage, support, and reward college students who have an interest in insurance as a career/field of study, the AICP Scholarship Program
awards four $2, 00.00 scholarships annually to selected recipients.
An applicant must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Undergraduate applicants must be full-time students, as defined by the
accredited educational institution they are attending.
- Applicants must have completed the equivalent of at least two (2) years
of full-time college course-work, earned fifty percent (50%) of credit
hours required for graduation, or have completed an Associate degree
from an accredited educational institution.
- All applicants, whether undergraduate or post-graduate, must have
declared his/her major course work to be in the field of Insurance,
Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Management, Mathematics,
Risk Management, Statistics, or a Business-related field.
- Applicants must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.00.
Up to four (4) $2,000 scholarships may be awarded annually for tuition and fees to an accredited educational institution:
- Rick Guggolz Memorial Scholarship (1)
- AICP Insurance Career Advancement Scholarship (3)
Disbursement of scholarships will be made directly to the applicant’s accredited educational institution. Scholarships are not renewable; however, a recipient may reapply annually.
Applicants must submit the following information for consideration:
- Completed application.
- Official transcript or most recent report card showing the cumulative
grade point average.
- Brief description of additional academic achievements, extracurricular
activities, and leadership roles to be considered.
- Description of current and future efforts to pursue education and/or a
career in the insurance field.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, business or civic
leader, or member of the clergy directly addressing the applicant’s
efforts to pursue education and/or a career in the insurance field.
The Scholarship Selection Sub-Committee will make their selections of the eligible candidates based upon:
- Grade Point Average;
- Involvement in additional academic achievements, extracurricular
activities and leadership roles;
- Financial need;
- Letter(s) of recommendation; and
- Level of educational interest and dedication to the insurance industry.
Individuals (including past recipients of scholarship) may re-apply each year. Incomplete applications and late materials will not be considered. The AICP
reserves the right to reject any applicant, at any time, for any reason.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by: July 21st.
Pending verification of enrollment, payments will be distributed by: August 18th.
To apply, click on the link below. All supporting documents can be uploaded with the online application and must be submitted no later than Friday, May 19th, 2023.
For a downloadable version of the application, click here.