CompanyCombined Insurance Company of America – A Chubb Company
Associate Product Manager
Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking an Associate Product Manager to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. We are proud of our tradition of success in the insurance industry of over 100 years. Come join our team of hard-working, talented professionals!
• Provide support to the Policy Filings Department by assisting with the development and filing of new insurance products and maintaining compliance for our existing product portfolio.
• Assist Sales and Marketing by providing advice and input on product configuration in order to gain product regulatory approval and minimize compliance and financial risk to the company.
• Monitor regulatory developments and implement product changes necessary to maintain product compliance for Combined’s existing core products portfolio.
• With the assistance of Legal, Actuarial, Product Development and Marketing, draft and file new products, product amendments and regulatory changes.
• Analyze state insurance department regulations, rate, rule and form circulars/bulletins in order to determine and implement appropriate changes on behalf of Combined.
• Develop and distribute regulatory communications to other business departments advising them of compliance changes.
• Ensure that all products maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Provide technical assistance and support to other Combined departments in order to maintain product compliance.
• Timely product filings in SERFF to state insurance departments.
• Interact with Department of Insurance personnel and other regulators to facilitate approval of Combined’s products and resolve regulatory issues.
• Maintain form management and document control in accordance with department procedures to track history with respect to product filings.
• Ensure an effective level of collaboration and communication with Actuarial, Product Development, Legal, Claims, the Business Units, other department analysts, and any other stakeholders to secure the information necessary to complete a filing or respond to insurance department objections and inquiries concerning SERFF filings.
• Respond to requests for information relating to group and individual life and health product compliance requirements (including employer and non-employer groups).
• Research statutory and regulatory requirements and create research charts (with product analysts and/or Counsel, as appropriate, prior to release of the information).
• Research products for competitor information and assist with the developing of new products/ programs and coverage endorsements.
• Assist other Combined Departments, as needed, in the implementation of new products.
• Communicate state specific updates and filing status with internal business partners.
• Develop inter-office memos to company personnel detailing highlights of approved rate/rule and form filings.
• Assist in the set-up of new policy forms on company systems and perform quality testing.
• Maintain aggressive schedule for product submissions and approval.
• Assist Marketing to ensure product advertising or marketing material complies with approved filings.
• Participation in industry trade committees and associations.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
• Requires good oral and written presentation skills with attention to detail.
• Project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects including new product filings.
• Interaction with regulators on higher profile issues under management supervision.
• Advanced understanding of legal and regulatory issues.
• Ability to analyze and understand new laws and regulations and communicate their impact on Combined to appropriate personnel.
• Proficiency to draft insurance policy language under the direction of senior Legal/Compliance personnel.
• Ability to track and monitor new laws, regulations and regulatory communications that impact Combined and the Policy Filings Department.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelors Degree or 7 years compliance experience. Advanced degree such as JD or paralegal highly preferred.
• Strong management relationship skills with team focus.
• Spanish fluency preferred.
• Industry certifications highly preferred.
As a Chubb corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Chubb is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• A company-match 401(k) plan
• Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance Company of America is a Chubb company and a leading provider of supplemental accident, health, disability, and life insurance products in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, and celebrating 100 years in business, we are committed to making the world of supplemental insurance easy to access and understand. The company has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau and an A + (Superior) financial strength rating by A.M. Best. We are ranked by VIQTORY as the number one Military Friendly® Employer in 2022 (over $1 billion revenue category), marking Combined’s eleventh consecutive year on the Top 10 list.
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London, Paris and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+