Salary$60k – $92K
AIPSO is a management organization and service provider for various insurance industry groups responsible for administering the residual market. We are a national organization that serves local customer needs. Centralization and standardization are key to many AIPSO services because of the inherent economies of scale and other efficiencies. However, our organization is based on customer focus and recognizes the need for flexibility in serving customer groups with diverse interests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement the compliance and regulatory affairs programs.
• Monitor business activities and ensure conformance with applicable rules, laws and regulations.
• Assist with the development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures.
• Research compliance issues and interpret and evaluate proposed regulations, advising management on impact to the organization.
• Assist with on-going development of best practices and guidelines consistent with industry standards.
• Provide support in all areas related to compliance, including process improvement, applicable statutes and regulations, and operational efficiencies.
• Prepare compliance status reports for management as required.
• Communicate required regulatory changes to management and third-party vendors as applicable.
• Develop action plans and remediation associated with external market conduct exams.
• Maintain documentation of compliance activities.
• Monitor and maintain internal compliance platform.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university with supplementary insurance education preferred. CPCU or other insurance designations preferred. Additional appropriate experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Experience: 2-4 years of regulatory or compliance experience including legal research and writing. Experience working with property and casualty regulatory affairs and compliance matters, including claims handling compliance. Paralegal or audit experience is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
• In-depth knowledge of the insurance industry and the insurance legal and regulatory environment including property and casualty insurance regulations and claims handling.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals, ability to write business reports and procedure manuals.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
• Effective problem-solving skills, including ability to analyze complex issues, find the root cause of the problem, and consider a wide range of alternatives before acting.
• Ability to work independently and interact professionally and effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility while maintaining attention to detail.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office productivity tools (e.g. MS Outlook, MS Word) to manage work.
• Advanced user of MS Excel spreadsheets for analysis and reporting.
• Residual market automobile insurance plan rules and regulations knowledge preferred.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. To this end, all employment related decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and in full compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
This is a non-management position This is a full time position.
Apply here: http://www.aipso.com