LocationIrving, TX – Urbandale, IA – Naperville, IL – Atlanta, GA – Westbrook, ME
Regulatory Filing Analyst
“Our Company provides a state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with confidence.”
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown from a small investment management firm into one of the largest commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United States.
Along the way, we’ve been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, become a Fortune 500 Company, joined the S&P 500, and seen our gross written premiums exceed $10 billion.
Today the Berkley brand comprises more than 50 businesses worldwide and is divided into two segments: Insurance and Reinsurance and Monoline Excess. Led by our Executive Chairman, founder and largest shareholder, William. R. Berkley and our President and Chief Executive Officer, W. Robert Berkley, Jr., W.R. Berkley Corporation is well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Regulatory Filings Analyst role works with internal Product Development and Actuarial staff to analyze, prepare, submit and manage timely approval of company product filings by various state departments of insurance. Products include bureau and proprietary rate, rule and form filings. This position collaborates with Product Development and Actuarial staff to ensure the product and pricing goals of the operating units are achieved by providing filing expertise and creating filings that satisfy all applicable regulatory compliance requirements. This position also prepares business requirements to update policy administration systems for these filings and prepares updates to product databases and reference manuals.
• Review and analyze bureau circulars and bulletins (e.g., ISO, NCCI, AAIS & Independent bureaus) and collaborate with Product Development and Actuarial staff to provide guidance, prepare and submit rate, rule and form filings for bureau products.
• Collaborate with Product Development and Actuarial staff to provide guidance, prepare and submit filings for proprietary rate, rule and form products.
• Interpret state statutes on filing requirements, provide guidance and recommend solutions for DOI concerns related to state filings and related compliance issues.
• Responsible for knowledge of filing requirements for various lines of business and assigned states, providing expertise to Product Development and Actuarial staff and other functional units, as required, for assigned state filing issues.
• Manage filing projects and service as the first point of contact to respond to questions and objections from state insurance departments to ensure timely approval.
• Maintain filing information on department databases and / or SharePoint sites and issue status reports for assigned filing projects and participate in filings update meetings.
• Develop documentation for company products and update on-line manuals and other reference materials to aid underwriting in complying with use of approved rate, rule and form filings.
• Participate in product rate, rules and forms meetings.
• Develop clear, concise and accurate business requirements to update policy administration systems for product filing changes.
• Perform policy administration system testing for product filing changes as assigned.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of Property & Casualty state filing experience, or equivalent P&C insurance experience
• Knowledge of insurance products and experience working with AAIS, ISO and NCCI rating bureaus
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word and SERFF required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and project/time management skills
• Detail orientation and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Experience working in a collaborative, team-based environment
• Ability to work independently on moderately complex state filing projects
• Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
• Consistently demonstrate WRBC Core Competencies and Innovation Behaviors
• College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Previous course work in insurance (AINS, CPCU, etc.) a plus.
Additional Company Details
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes from external recruiting firms.
The company offers a competitive compensation plan and robust benefits package for full time regular employees.
Must have received COVID-19 vaccination* defined as receiving either (1) two doses of a two-dose vaccine, or (2) a single-dose vaccine, either authorized for emergency use or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, *unless prohibited by law.
Apply here: https://careers-berkley.icims.com/jobs/8150/regulatory-filings-analyst/job?mode=view