The Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals’ mission is to serve the insurance compliance community by promoting relationships, exchanging information, and providing learning opportunities within a dynamic regulatory environment. To do that effectively, all members should maintain the highest ethical standards and assume a personal obligation to make their professional dealings positively reflect on the AICP, the employers we work for, the industry we work in and the consumers we serve. This Code of Professional Conduct applies to all members.
AICP Members are expected to:
- Be knowledgeable about insurance laws and regulations and share that knowledge with others
- Demonstrate excellence in discharging their professional responsibilities
- Comply with the letter and spirit of laws governing the regulation of insurance and encourage others to do so as well
- Abstain from professional decisions in which there is, or may appear to be, a conflict of interest
- Strive to improve the regulatory compliance system
- Act in a manner that will promote respect for the insurance industry and regulatory compliance professionals within the industry. Doing so will evidence high standards of professional competence for the benefit of the employers we represent, the entities that regulate our industry and the customers we serve.