Get more involved with the AICP! It’s a career opportunity that members don’t want to pass up.
Volunteering is proven to broaden your professional knowledge, provide valuable perspective, and increase your awareness of those components known to propel careers forward. You will develop teamwork and leadership skills, as well as gaining exposure to the varied mechanisms within the insurance industry.
Involvement leads to networking. Meaning, stronger participation with AICP will lead to relationships with a wide array of dedicated insurance professionals and increased opportunities for valuable interaction with regulators from across the country.
With each new volunteer opportunity, you will become more familiar with the inner-workings of a nonprofit professional organization. Whether at the national or chapter level, a volunteer serves as a liaison between members and leadership.
With so many ways to get involved, what are you waiting for?
A brief description of each committee’s responsibilities:
- BRAND & MARKETING
- Provide industry expertise to assist in the development and execution of marketing efforts including the AICP blog, social media, advertising and website content.
- CONFERENCE PLANNING
- Develop and execute all aspects of our annual conference.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION
- Foster and support diversity and inclusion initiatives in our industry and membership.
- Assist national committees and regional chapters in developing a fiscally responsible budget that supports our mission, vision and strategy; as well as provide financial analysis and recommendations throughout the year.
- Maintenance and annual review of the Association’s bylaws, policies and guidelines.
- Review contracts and agreements, as needed, to protect the Association legally and financially.
- Work with the management company to execute the annual election cycle for national and chapter officers according to the bylaws, policies and guidelines of the Association.
- LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Develop timely and relevant educational content in support of our mission, vision and strategy.
- Review applications to administer the AICP scholarship program.
- Develop proprietary coursework supporting our accreditation programs.
- Continuous evaluation of the insurance industry in order to identify potential growth opportunities.
- Assist the management company in administration and marketing of the annual renewal cycle.
- STUDENT ENGAGEMENT
- The AICP Student Engagement Committee is charged with accomplishing AICP’s strategic initiative of creating partnerships with college risk management and insurance programs to offer a bridge to students interested in jobs in the insurance industry, particularly those compliance-related.