- Dictionaries & Thesauruses (paperback, please)
- African American Literature & Studies (urban fiction, history, etc.)
- Graphic Novels, Manga, Comics (no nudity)
- Books on How To Draw
- Trade Books & How To Manuals (plumbing, woodwork, electrical repair, agriculture, etc.)
- LGBTQ+ (literature, studies, etc.)
- Native American History & Literature
- Books in Spanish (fiction, non-fiction, & Spanish-English dictionaries)
- Learning Spanish & Learning English (workbooks, ESL, bilingual)
- Test Prep Books (GED, SAT, & similar)
- Latinx Studies
- Legal Resources (up-to-date, no earlier than 2015)
- Science & Math Textbooks (up-to-date)
- Computer Science & Technology (up-to-date, no earlier than 2012)
- Game & Puzzle Books (esp. Dungeons and Dragons)
- Writing & Grammar Resources
- Business (how to start and run)
- Magazines (especially handyman/how-to, Spanish, any of the topics listed above, National Geographic)
As you may already know, this year's silent auction and conference pins funds will be allocated to the AICP Scholarship Fund, an incredibly worthy cause that supports aspiring students seeking a career in the insurance industry.
While we appreciate your ongoing support, we wanted to inform you that there are additional ways for you to contribute and make a lasting impact on the lives of these students. One option is to donate directly through the Inside Books Project website. By visiting the Inside Books Project, you'll find a "Donate Funds" button that allows you to contribute directly to this noble cause or you can bring books with you to the conference where there will be a designated drop-off location right near the registration desk where you can easily leave your donations.
Whether you choose to donate online through the Inside Books Project platforms or prefer to drop off while you are in Austin, remember, every book counts!
~ The 2023 Community Outreach Committee